Here is a list of the Top 10 Attractions in Golden, BC - Things to do.
1- Golden BC Whitewater Rafting. Kicking Horse River Rafting suitable for All Experience & Fitness levels.
2. Golden BC Golf. Golfing is a favorite summer time Activity in Golden, at the Golden Golf Course
3. Golden BC Paragliding
4. Golden BC Grizzly Bear Refuge Tour Visit Kicking Horse Mountain Resort and learn about Boo, the Bear.
5. Golden BC Mountain Biking Cross Country on the Moonraker Trails or Downhill at Kicking Horse Mountain Resort
6. Golden BC Bike Rental Rent a Mountain Bike at Kicking Horse Mountain Resort or a town cruiser at Selkirk Sports
7. Golden BC Gondola Ride Visit Kicking Horse Mountain Resort for a Sightseeing Gondola Ride
8. Golden BC Hike Hikes abound in the Golden, BC area - as the town is surrounded by several national parks.
9. Golden BC Horseback Riding Half and Full Day Trail Ride
10. Golden BC Heli Hiking Treat yourself to a heli hike tour and avoid the strenuous uphill!
KICKING HORSE RIVER HISTORY GOLDEN BC
HOW DID THE KICKING HORSE GET ITS NAME?The Kicking Horse is named in honour of James Hector. Among other impressive accomplishments, (like discovering new species of Whales in New Zealand) Hector discovered the important Kicking Horse Pass, and unintentionally gave the Kicking Horse River it's name when he was kicked off his horse and left for dead.
A wild, untamed river discovered in the 1800's on the famous Palliser Expedition. The history of the wild west is alive along it's shores as remnants of a bygone era are still evident. The Kicking Horse River is also blessed with an abundance of wildlife along it's corridor. The morning portion of the river which begins in Yoho National Park offers prime wildlife viewing.
For more information on Kicking Horse River History, visit: http://www.alpinerafting.com/about-us/kicking-horse-river-heritage/